Thinking of meaningful, low cost Christmas gifts for your kids is hard! Here are a few suggestions they will love!
Set the Scene: “Once upon a time in this very town there was a *insert something they love like princess, pirate, paw patrol, octopus, etc* that lived here! He/She loved Christmas and wanted to spread holiday cheer! So he/she went around telling everyone the good news that baby Jesus was about to be born and it is time to celebrate! He/she told the turtles in the pond, the birds in the sky, the trees in the forest and the buildings way up high! But OH MY.. I almost forgot to tell you the most important thing! At each of the many places he/she went, he/she handed out magic coins!! The story tells us that these magic coins are supposed to help buy the most special gifts for each of our family/friends and bless them. Now let me tell you a VERY special secret! Its top secret okay?? I heard there are still some of these magic coins here in B/CS today!!! Do you think you can go to all these places to spread holiday cheer and find some magic coins??? If you find some make sure that you use them to buy something special for your favorite person that they will love!”
Try to find each of these places/things in the BCS area and tell them “Hooray! Baby Jesus is coming!” and search for magic coins!
– turtles in a pond
– fish in a pond
– trees in the forest
– tall buildings
– birds in the sky
– dogs on a walk
– playground in the park
– any other places or people you love!
For Mom or dad:
– bring a mix of pennies, nickels and dimes to each of these places and when your kiddo isn’t looking, spread them around the area for them to find!
………Tip: keep track of how many coins you put out so you can make sure they don’t miss any!
– take you kiddo to the dollar store and have them pick out a special gift for someone they can buy with the coins they gathered!
Pampered Princess Package:
It’s a Mommy and Me Princess Day! Wear tiaras and paint your nails, eat fancy/fun foods, watch a princess movie, dance at the ball, and when the clock strikes 12 (noon 😉😉) run home to take a nap!
Dress up as superheroes together and go out for a treat!
Dress up ideas:
- Cut out your initials and tape them to your shirt like a super suit
- Use a pillow case for a cape
- Wear tall socks and a headband around your forehead
- Cut out eye holes from the rim of an old t-shirt and use it as a mask over your eyes!
- Ice cream
- candy from the candy aisle at the dollar store
- juice from a drive through