Thank you for your willingness to support teen parents in the Brazos Valley. Here are the items we are currently able to accept:
- Pull Ups – 2T, 3T, 4T and 5T
- Diapers: size 6
- Gently used and new books, especially board books
Specific Needs for Fall 2022:
- We have a new Mama Corner on Tuesday nights, for our moms to shop for personal hygiene products. We would love donations of: toothpaste, toothbrushes, deodorant, body wash, soap, laundry pods, facial wash, make up remover wipes, ethnically diverse hair products, and dishwasher pods.
Our goal is to provide one book per mom; approximately 30-40 books are needed.
Door prizes gifts cards in $5-10 amounts: Target, Walmart, Chick-fil-A, H-E-B, Ross, Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Whataburger, or The Brew coffee shop.
Where will my donations go? Will they benefit a mother or children in need?
The donations go into our “Mama Store” and our teen moms “buy” items with “Mama Bucks” they earn by attending our Mama Club program and participating in activities. The Mama Club girls love learning to save for the big items and are so grateful for the everyday items (like clothes) they can “buy” for their children anytime they “shop” (compared to having to ask an adult to buy for their child!). Not only are the items in the Mama Store great incentives for the girls to attend Mama Club, but they provide a desperately needed resource. Learn more about our Mama Club program here!
I see that you currently only need clothes for baby boys. Are there other items that you can accept when there is a need and available storage space?
Yes! During seasons of increased demand, we are also able to accept these items:
- New or gently used baby and children’s clothes and shoes, ages 0 to 5
- Education and developmentally stimulating children’s toys for ages 2-5 in good, working condition
- Bassinets/cribs and bassinet or crib sheets
- Pack ‘n plays
- Car seats (unexpired and have not been in an accident)
- High chairs
- Activity centers
- Maternity clothing (new and gently used)
- Other baby gear
What are “board books” and where will my donation of new or gently used books/board books go?
A board book is a type of children’s book printed on thick paperboard. APO gives away about 30 board books each week to teen parents and their children who attend Mama Club. Emphasis on the importance of reading is just one of the many parenting skills taught to our teen parents to ensure the health and well-being of their babies.You can help support APO’s endeavor to improve early childhood literacy through your gift of books or board books.
I don’t have any baby items, but I’m interested in support your ministry monetarily. How can I do that?
We are grateful for all financial support. Learn more about making one-time and recurring donations here.
Questions about giving materially or monetarily to APO? Don’t hesitate to reach out!